If you are looking for some creative ideas for your wedding ceremony and photo shoot, you’ll find the following article very useful…There were some things I was sure about when we started searching for a wedding location: I don’t want a fancy venue and it should be something unique and thematic, something related to my passion and what I love, which is fashion and animals.
Luckily we had only 25 guests so this idea was quite convenient for us …
I was searching for galleries, museums, even theaters but I couldn’t find the right one. Then my husband (knowing me so well) suggested having it at the Zoo!!
Apparently this option was a bit more affordable in terms of selection and availability, but the task of finding the right one for us still wasn’t so easy!
I believe in the expression: “Meant to be”, however, I always add a little phrase to it : “But you should do your part”.Believing in this saying and doing my part, I found the perfect location: “The Jungle Cat World” – a private zoo near Oshawa, with amazing people, adorable animals, outstanding service and approach!
The “Jungle Cat World” provided me with their home located in the zoo property and 6 animals for my photo shoot ( it is very important for me to mention that I know for sure they treat their little creatures with love and care).
I won’t describe how I felt being surrounded with all this magic on my wedding day, I couldn’t have asked for better place to share my love with my significant other and my love to nature and animals – I think I felt an over dose of love on that day 🙂
Oh and by the way, instead of holding bridal flowers I carried a little fox called Luna
Photo shoot creative ideas and tips:
If you have an option to plan your photo shoot for a different day than your wedding day, you should do it ! You can plan it on a day when you have your hair and makeup trial. In my case with all my creative ideas, I couldn’t have done it on the same day… Also I have to say that I couldn’t have done all this without the help and support of my amazing sister, who added a lot of her creative thinking and unique ideas!
And now, let me share with you all these ideas that I am talking about :
1. You may consider having 2 different concept locations, for example: Nature and Urban Architecture , this way you will be able to diversify your looks ( nature – cute and romantic , urban – sexy and modern )
2. Clothing and accessories: I don’t know how your dress is going to look, but if you have an option to combine: colorful shoes/sneakers , hair accessories , gloves, etc. that would be great !
I had them all, including ballerina pointes, you don’t have to wear them you can just include them in your pictures , it adds a lot of romance and elegance…
Tip : there are 2 types of pointes – the real ones that are expensive and usually can’t be sold to a regular person who is not a ballet dancer and the ones that are meant for practicing , more affordable and accessible
3. Heels – what about a different color than white? I had black Louboutin heels and black sparkling jewelries and I loved it ! You may also consider wearing a bow/ belt/gloves in a different color than your white dress, It will always pop and distinguish you from other brides.
Tip – if you are choosing to wear long statement earrings don’t wear them with necklace…
4. Bring your own equipment – if you aren’t lazy you can create your own signs with different cool messages like “Just Married ” or “Your freedom is over” try to make them colorful and happy , it’s good for the pictures.
5. Balloons – bring as many as you can, even if you think it’s not unique anymore, believe me, it’s always impressive and good for the pictures.
6. Colorful candies, fruits, macaroons – you can use them in one of your scenes ( see some ideas that I did below ) :
7. Animals – if you have your own pet you must include them in your pictures! It’s the cutest thing ever!
8. More accessories for your wedding photo shoot scenes : Bubbles , Chess, Books/Fashion journals , Umbrellas (for fall/winter season or just gray days )
9. Toys – if you want to create a childish and cute mood for some of your pictures
Tip : If you have a nephew or niece , check out their toys, you may be very inspired by the options you will find there ( in my case we took some musical instruments and used them for a group picture with my family – My sister’s idea )
10. Use your hobby – if you love to cook/paint/dance you can integrate it in your photo shoot as well, for instance: you can bring your painting colors and canvas and create a scene of painting the outdoors
The list can go on and on but I don’t want you to get tired …:) As you can see there is no limit to our imagination, and it requires a lot of planning, but I think it’s worth it!
If somebody had told me that I would have my wedding at the zoo, said, “I DO” in English, and held a fox instead of a bridal flower bouquet, I would have thought that was IMPOSSIBLE… but apparently it is – so believe in your dreams and make them happen!